Syllabus for the AAT Level 2 and 3 course
The Syllabus is set by the AAT but we translate those requirements into a unique combination of personalised activities that give you the confidence to progress and achieve your qualification.For their new syllabus, the AAT use more demanding synoptic assessments at fixed times of the year. Our structured but flexible approach guides you through, ensuring you reach the exams and synoptic assessment at the optimum time. Read more about How it Works below.
Level 2 & 3 accounting training will equip you for a mid- level role in an Accounting or Finance department. By the end of the course you will have a solid understanding of manual and computerised accounts and how to use them in a 'real world' setting.
The AAT Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Accounting (Advanced) consists of eleven separate units:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Work effectively in Finance
- Using Accounting Software
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect tax
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
You will be provided with textbooks for each unit (also given as e-books on the Virtual Learning Campus).
- Encompasses the Level 3 qualification - comparable to studying at A Level
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- 11 units altogether: five units at Level 2 and six units at Level 3
- Eight computer-based tests and two synoptic assessment
- Guidance to reach your synoptic assessment at the optimum time in your course
- Flexible payment options available
- Offers progression to study at AAT Level 4, the final stage of the AAT qualification
*Please note that if you have a criminal record or have been made bankrupt the AAT may not accept you to sit these exams.