Teaching you the latest thinking and best practice within Human Resource and Personnel and Development, CIPD training will give you a comprehensive introduction to the profession; allowing you to study at home to gain the qualification that will put you ahead of the game.
The course is taught as a blended learning programme through a mixture of guided self-study and face-to-face workshops. There are two face-to-face workshops, both workshops for each tutorial group will be held in the same location (London or Birmingham) to give you the choice at the point of enrolment of which location best suits your needs.
The course is made up of six units (each unit consisting of 1 e-book), including two face-to-face workshops*:
- Developing yourself as an effective Human Resource Practitioner
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities
- Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources (workshop unit)
- Recording, Analysing and Using Human Resources Information
- Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management (workshop unit)
- Resourcing Talent.
As this is a practical blended learning program, you will be assessed through demonstration of your knowledge and understanding in written assignments and through demonstration of your practical skills in workshops. This will give you the chance to put your learning into practice and interact both with your tutor and fellow students without having to arrange for day release or fit your commitments around evening classes, as with typical CIPD training programmes.
For more information, view a sample of our course materials and upcoming Tutor Workshop Groups for the CIPD Foundation Certificate
To gain your qualification you need to attend all workshops that make up the programme, complete and pass the post-workshop exercises and activities, and successfully complete all assignments.
Course Study Hours
The course is made of 169 guided study hours as follows:
- 1 hour induction
- 2 x 12 hour weekend workshops
- 1 hour individual tutorial session
- 143 hours private study.
The CIPD programme will take 9 months to complete, which broken down equates to roughly 3-4 study hours a week. With the course, you will get 9 month's tutorial support, beginning from your course start date, so that you don’t miss out if you enrol early.
*Face-to-face workshops are mandatory. Cost of accommodation and travel is not included.
- Level 3 qualification – comparable to studying at A-Level
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Six units (each unit consists of 1 ebook) with six tutor-marked assignments, each comprising a standalone Award and together making up the full CIPD Foundation Certificate in HR Practice qualification
- Two face-to-face workshop units taught in either London or Birmingham
- Approximately 169 guided study hours - as this is for the most part a distance learning course, you are in control over how much time you commit to your studies each week in the lead up to your tutorial classes
- Flexible payment options.
- Access to the unique online tool ‘my HR map’ to monitor your development
- Up to date news from global development within the HR profession
- Access to surveys, reports, research materials and online journals
- Monthly people management journal
- Discounts on books, training courses and seminars
- Access to local CIPD branches and chance to attend key HR events, networking and learning opportunities free of charge.