The Syllabus is set by the CIPD but we translate those requirements into a unique combination of activities that give you the confidence to progress and achieve your qualification.
Through our team of CIPD Tutors and our Virtual Learning Campus, you will be taught the latest thinking and best practice within Human Resource and Personnel and Development whilst being able to study from home.
Our Advanced Certificate in HR is taught via a blend of online and classroom learning, allowing you to study when and where you want but benefit at the same time from a structured learning framework, giving you the perfect balance of flexibility and support.
You will progress as part of a group: working to structured timetable, completing collaborative learning activities, attending live online lectures and seminar groups, and meeting your tutor and fellow students in person at six one-day workshops. You will also be expected to commit around 10 hours per week for study, during which time you will have full support from your tutor via phone, email and online. This method of learning is designed to provide you with all the benefits of the classroom, but without the restrictions.
The Level 7 course includes 6 face-to-face workshops, which are included in the package. These workshop days are an excellent opportunity to meet your Tutors and fellow learners and create a network of support to use throughout your course. These workshops will be held in London. They also form an important part of the assessment of the course, contributing to your final grades/marks and giving you the opportunity to demonstrate practical ability alongside knowledge and skill. The sessions are all held on Saturday or Sunday to allow maximum flexibility for students.
*All six workshops for the course are mandatory and will be held on set dates which will be given to you before you enrol. Cost of accommodation and travel is not included.
Find out what you can expect from our CIPD workshop days.
Live online classes
Regular live online classes will be held for your course. These will be hosted by one of our experienced CIPD Tutors, covering course unit topics and held in the evenings for your convenience.
The Advanced Certificate in Human Resources is made up of four modules, with one textbook provided per unit:
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Learning and Talent Development
- Managing Employee Relations
- Leading, Managing and Developing people
- All books and courses materials
- 12 months tutor support
- 24 hour access to our unique Virtual Learning Campus
- Examination and assessment fees
- Six classroom-based one-day workshops
- Optional subscription to the National Union of Students (NUS) Extra Card
Membership benefits include:
- Professional recognition: a competitive edge in the job market
- Professional development: exclusive access to the online assessment tool My CPD Map
- Networking opportunities with like-minded professionals
- The opportunity to save money on products such as textbooks, publications, DVDs and toolkits and conference tickets
- Exclusive access to all areas of cipd.co.uk, as well as additional HR resources such as 100s of online business journals, country/company reports, employment law information, and in-depth research, surveys and policy reports.
The full range of benefits, details on membership prices and information about how to apply can be found on the CIPD website.