The CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Learning and Development is aimed at more experienced L&D professionals. You will cover a wide range of L&D subjects equipping you with extensive breadth of L&D knowledge and skills. The course is 18 months long, made up from 7 units, 5 are mandatory and 2 will be selected by you from a range of optional units.
Assessment of the qualification is continuous; each eight week unit is assessed at the end by work-based assignments.
Choose from a range of new and innovative L&D topics
The five mandatory units on our Diploma programme are:
You can then choose 2 out of 4 units, to focus on the areas most relevant to your role:
- Designing and developing digital and blended learning solutions
- Developing professional practice in L&D
- Evaluating L&D provision in a knowledge economy
- Understanding the context of L&D
- Using information, metrics and developing business cases for L&D
- Developing leadership and management skills
- Enhancing participant engagement in the learning process
- Facilitating collective and social learning
- Managing the L&D business function
You will also get FREE access to our unique Future of Learning unit throughout your studies; a unique hub of content keeping you up to date with the latest trends and research from the L&D industry.
Intermediate Certificate – CIPD in partnership with AVADO, the new name for Home Learning College, also provide the Level 5 Certificate in L&D. This Certificate is 12 months long and does not include the two additional units – please contact us to find out more.
- Level 5 qualification – comparable to an undergraduate degree
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Seven units with seven tutor-marked assignments
- No face-to-face workshops or exams
- Approximately 210 guided study hours over approximate 18 month period
- Regular online live classes with your tutor, specialist webinars with subject experts
- Flexible payment options available.